CBAR Channel Modeling Tool
A powerful, next-gen wireless channel propagation modeling software designed to work efficiently on a laptop.
More about CBAR
The CBAR (channel modeling based on bi-directional ray tracing and radiative transfer method) software predicts bit error rate and link availability of air-to-ground and ground-to-air communications links. For example, CBAR incorporates the impacts of the terrain, aircraft position orientation and velocity, antenna pattern of aircraft and ground stations, receiver characteristics, and modulation schemes.
Features & Benefits
- Powerful Techniques – CBAR is a highly efficient 3D ray-tracing algorithm. Moreover, it employs computational geometry to accurately trace polygon ray tubes and calculate shadowing and reflection.
- Electro-Magnetic (EM) Scattering Models – Likewise, it incorporates the Electro-magnetic (EM) Scattering Model of Physical Optics (PO). In addition, multithreading computes scattering in parallel across multiple CPU cores.
- Full Validation – Results validated against commercial simulation tools and data from field testing.
- Interface with Channel Emulators – CBAR provides time-varying multipath channel outputs in formats that are compatible with commercial channel emulators.
- Low Cost and Efficient – For instance, testing with the commercial uniform geometrical theory of diffraction (UTD) tool shows the efficiency of CBAR’s ray tracing techniques.
- Above all, CBAR is available on small computing platforms such as Windows laptop, made possible with its efficient design.
- Accurate – Testing with UTD techniques accurately captures more multipaths.