More about Gallium
Gallium™, with the niquist™ waveform, is a handheld radio platform designed to meet the demands of next-gen commercial and defense communications. Gallium revolutionizes advancements in RF capabilities. For example, Gallium improves network communication, positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT), sub-nanosecond wireless synchronization, and ranging. Furthermore, integrating Gallium into existing RFcom, weapons systems, manned or unmanned vehicles introduces new RFcom and PNT capabilities.
Features & Benefits
The Gallium Tactical Radio Platform enables modern warfighters and first responders to achieve tactical communication and emergency situation objectives.
- Small form factor handheld radio with long battery life
- Above all, superior RF performance that provides 8 Mbps over long distance
- Integrated niquist advanced waveform supports:
- Sub-nano-second synchronization among all nodes
- Relative positioning in GPS-denied areas
- As a software-defined radio (SDR), it is able to integrate new technologies. For example, this includes distributed beamforming, relative positioning, and dynamic spectrum access.
- Ethernet-based data connectivity (e.g., ATAK) as well as synchronized triggering for distributed sensing applications.
- In conclusion, the ruggedized radio platform meets the requirements of different branches of military and first responders.
|Applications||Defense tactical radio, first responders|
|RF||Dual antenna (MIMO) and distributed beam-forming (SISO)|
|Waveform||niquist™ advanced waveform|
|Bandwidth/Throughput||5 MHz, data 8 Mbps|
|Dimensions||5.3″ x 2.8″ x 1.5″ (without battery)|
|Weight||1.5 lb (without battery and antenna)
2.3 lb (with battery and antenna)
|Power consumption||12-15W (6 – 9 W no PA)|
|Talk time||4.8 hr active w/PA (12 hr idle)|
|Advanced capabilities||MANET, sub-nanosecond synchronization, relative positioning in GPS denied areas|